Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today's Musings

So, today I went to a baby shower. My 5 year old wanted to know why we were going to give someone's baby a shower, she should have a bath. Got to love 5 year olds.
This little baby was born quite premature, weighed in a a whopping 2 lbs. I had made her some preemie shoes that are still huge, will be for quite some time. Here's the gift I gave her.



Of course, at now 3 lbs, she won't wear it until most likely next year. I've never met the mom, she is my sister in law's new daughter in law. I cannot imagine what they've been through, and what is yet to come, I only hope this child escapes any long term issues related with that level of prematurity. Parenting is hard enough, isn't it? For all of you struggling and sacrificing to take care of special babies and children, I take my hat off to you.

1 comment:

  1. Cute stuff! My nephew was a micro preemie. He is very immature and has some learning disabilities. Physically though he is fine. Kid is going to be so tall!

    ReplyDelete